Bartletts Metal Recycling
Contact Us Today
01424 440285
Make your enquiry here

How to scrap my vehicle - what I need to know.


Whether your car has failed its MOT, been written off by Insurance or simply past it's best you can scrap it at BARTLETTS METAL RECYCLING.

All you need to do is use the contact us form on our home page or call the office on 01424 440285 to get a competitive quote.

You can either drive your vehicle directly to us, or, collection, by our fully uniformed courteous drivers, can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.

We have a direct link with the DVLA, if you provide us with the V5C (vehicle registration document) we will inform the DVLA that the vehicle has been scrapped and issue you with a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) - it is recommended that you keep this for 6 months/1 year. Without a V5C it is YOUR responsibility to inform the DVLA that you have disposed of the vehicle - you can do this by writing to :-


If you have any FULL MONTHS of tax left on the vehicle this will be refunded directly back to you via the DVLA. Don't forget, if you pay monthly by direct debit for your tax, you need to cancel the direct debit with your bank.